Saturday, April 25, 2009

Training Tomorrow's Leaders Today



How often have you thought, “I wish that my physician shared my values regarding God and life?” or “I wish that I could talk with my physician about symptoms that are more than just physical?”

Generally, people see a physician when they are sick or hurting--simply, they come with needs that are physical, emotional and/or mental that we are not able to deal with on our own. This is why it is so critical to train medical students to be Christian doctors, not just doctors who happen to be Christians. We are seeking to equip the medical students to communicate Christian truth to people in a manner that is full of both grace and truth--the right word or action for the right situations.

We hosted our training this past weekend for med students from Wash U, SLU, Mizzou, KCOM, and Illinois. We were so impressed with their humility to serve the Lord by ministering to their medical communities during their demanding time of medical training. We thought that you would enjoy seeing these students.

No comments: