



For the second time in the last four years, we are going to take a northerly route through national parks on our way to San Diego for the summer project. Every one of these parks is a little bit like a worship service for me as I am amazed afresh at the glory and majesty of a God who created all this beauty.
We treat this trip like a giant field trip for the kids as we take tours at these incredible locations.
Bear with us as we blend a mix of family pictures and stories along with some of Holly's scenery shots.
These pictures come from the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. The Corn Palace stands as a tribute to, you guessed it, CORN. Its other name is "The World's Largest Bird Feeder." http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2215
Notable from the trip so far:
* Our 1998 Explorer is living up to its name. With 235,000 miles already on it, the truck is carting the Allan family to California for the 10th summer in a row!
* The kids really are great travelers and always have been. We set up the DVD player and the kids just veg out! Each year, I buy them one new DVD each for the trip. This year they chose the 3rd season of "The Andy Griffith Show." Holly and I enjoy listening to them laugh (mostly at Barney) while we drive mile after mile.
* Holly thinks that I drink too much Diet Coke...she's most certainly correct.
* Finally, I located a Zesto Ice Cream in Mitchell, but those of us from Jeff City know that Jeff City is the only place for Zesto Ice Cream!
* More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment