One of the exciting things about returning to a specific location for multiple years is that we are able to hear stories of what God has done over time. It is easy to question our fruitfulness after a brief conversation with someone. But, as the Scripture reminds us, we sow and water, but God bears the fruit. Tyler Zach (he is in the red shirt on the left in the second picture) was a student on project in 2003. This year he and his wife Lindsay are here on staff. I asked him to write up his story from being on campus recently.
"During a recent staff trip to the University of California at San Diego, I met a senior sorority girl named Adriana. She was excited to hear that we were going to offer a summer Bible study on campus. Adriana told me that she had just come to faith in Christ and wanted to talk to her sorority sisters. When asked about how she became a Christian, Adriana told me it all started at Sea World. In 2003, she had met some Campus Crusade co-workers who befriended her and talked to her about a relationship with Christ. Just recently, Adriana became a Christian through the help of a local church. It was exciting to hear how God used the Summer Project students a few years ago to plant a spiritual seed that has now grown to eternal life."
2 comments:
I'm jealous - wish we could be there with you guys!
Dan,
I noticed you had posted several updates a few days ago, but this is the first time I have had to respond.
It is so refreshing to hear your and your student's and leader's take on evangelism and missions.
NCC is proud to be partnered with you in your efforts!
Keep planting and watering my dear friend!
Post a Comment