





Six pictures certainly won't cover the breadth of all that happened at camp last week, but I don't want to turn this into a photo album. I had the same five boys in my cabin this year. They even slept in the same bunk arrangement! They had so much fun together! Between arm-wrestling, float trips, horse rides, swimming, dodge ball, basketball, searching for crawdads in the creek and mini-golf--we had a full week of activities. But, mostly, I was so impressed with the boys' willingness to speak substantially about spiritual matters during our devotional times.
Rob Brennen spoke last week on "Things Jesus Said." It was so good to be in the gospels with the kids. He did a fantastic job of exalting Jesus throughout the week during his Bible lessons.
Mackenzie did the Ranch Hand track where she spent extended time in horsemanship exercises and riding. The group of gals connected very well and really enjoyed Connie Stimpson's Bible lessons.
Since I don't know how to do captions, let me put them here from the top to the bottom:
* Cabin 13 with Trevor the Toad. No reptile is safe when 11-year old boys are roaming the camp. From left to right: Jacob, Blake, Adam, Grant, and Alan. These guys really did enjoy each other. They are talking about doing a Fantasy Football league together this fall.
* Cabin 13 arm-wrestling. Yes...all the time!
* Mackenzie with her horse for the week, Coy. She came home sore and tired, but she really enjoyed the other Ranch Hand students and the horses.
* Mackenzie with one of the Ranch Hand gals. (I can't remember her name...)
* Connie, our good friend who taught the Ranch Hand gals, along with my Grandma Allan. I have two amazing grandmas! I remember spending the night with Grandma Allan when they lived in Jeff City. She would take such great care of us. She has lived at camp for a long time there and continues to serve the Lord through the camp ministry. She is such a blessing.
* Some of our Bible Chapel girls getting ready for morning exercises. I cannot confirm that exercises was the favorite part of their days!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment