
From time to time, we receive letters/emails that are so encouraging that they are worth sharing. We minister as God calls us. Sometimes we see the fruit. Sometimes we do not. I (Dan) received this email earlier this week. Adrian was a dear friend from my days in Romania. I lost track of him almost immediately after I left, though. So, I was shocked and thrilled to hear from him. I want to share part of his email.
Dear Dan,
I am Adrian your friend from Romania from 1990-1991. One of the guy you and Bill spent time in Regie, Bucharest and helped him grow spiritually. The one who „bothered” you with hundreds of questions about the Bible (at the end you bought me William McDonald's Bible Commentary - I still have it!). What a great times!
I was trying for years to find you and know more about you. I have found Bill Rogers on Facebook last week and he gave me your email address.
In the meanwhile I married with Delia, a wonderful lady from my home town, and we have together two boys, Andrei, 18 years old and Stefan, 16. By God's grace Andi is studying for one year in a Christian High School in Gilbert, Arizona.
We live in Comanesti, a small town nearby our home town Bacau. I am pastor in a Baptist Church for 14 years.
Maybe you remember the conversation we had when I told you about my desire to go in USA (this was my youth dream)?! You told me that you think I am more useful for God in Romania than there in US. Those words disturbed me a lot but I found great peace when I submitted to them. I gave my life to God and let Him to decide for me. For 3 years I was involved in the mission work of my hometown church and after this the church from Comanesti asked me to become their pastor.
It was a faith step for me, because for several months they couldn't pay me a full salary. God was faithful to His promises and He always provided everything we needed. I visited US several times but I never had any desire to live there.
As you said, God wants me to serve my people and I find great joy in doing this.
I still have a great passion for the Word of God. Beginning with 1997 I was starting to study Theology at Emanuel University from Oradea, Romania. I graduated in 2001 and in 2009 I took my MTh at University of Wales. I still have many questions but I have more answers as 20 years before. In our church we have a small Bible College for training the lay pastors and missionaries who can't spent 3-4 whole years in a large University. God is so gracious and He blesses our area so much during these years! We have plant several churches and our people are growing in the knowledge and grace of our Lord.
3 comments:
I just had Aubrey read this. This has quickly become one of my favorite Campus Crusade stories--such cool evidence of the Lord using faithfulness to bring about his purposes. ~Tim
Post a Comment