When I was a little guy, my grandpa taught me how to read the Wall Street Journal with the quick hits on the front page. Maybe before then, but certainly since then, I have always enjoyed a broad update from many places.
With that in mind, let me share with you some of the notes I took from our final staff meeting of the semester to give you a picture of a few of the encouraging things that God is doing around the area.
At UMSL
Joel comes from the Dominican Republic loves baseball, especially the Boston Red Sox. So, Scott (STL staff) showed him a DVD that Athletes in Action about the Red Sox featuring the Christian testimonies of several players. After seeing it he responded, " I'm not going to lie, this is definitely the best DVD in my collection." Joel said that when he returns home for break he is going to show the video to his family and friends. What an engaging way to tell others about the grace of Jesus.
At Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Christine, a new believer, was doing follow up wit Abbie (STL staff), when they began to talk about injustice in the world. She said, “I know that Jesus died for sins, and that He paid for our sins to be taken away. But if Jesus died for sins, why do I still get hurt by people when they do bad things?” These kinds of questions reflect real steps of maturity as young believers are beginning to grow!
Also at SIU-E
Mallory, a freshman who has recently gotten involved with CCC on campus, expressed how grateful she was to have been challenged to lead a Bible study. She shared how she had begun to feel a burden to share the Gospel with others. She talked with anticipation regarding how God might use her in the lives of other women.
At St. Louis College of Pharmacy
Analise said one of the things she's enjoyed most this semester has been initiating spiritual conversations with freshmen on campus using Soularium. Somewhat surprised by her answered, Lee (STL staff) asked her again to clarify...have you been doing that? Yes, she replied, I've shared with a lot of freshmen this year. I've heard that before, so I asked again to clarify, "how many freshmen did you meet with?" "14 or 15 I think." Students reaching students for the glory of God!
Also at StLCOP
One of Lee's (STL staff) suggestions for Mallory's continued growth was to begin meeting with some younger women in order to disciple them in their Christian faith. Mallory's response was so encouraging, "Just last week I met with Alyssa (a freshman girl) and we talked about meeting like that next semester. She initiated with me. She's really eager to grow. I think she is going to be a good leader!"
SIU-E
When Devin (STL staff) called Mike to get together, Mike answered the phone and asked if they could go out witnessing on campus together. Mike also wanted to know if he could bring a couple of friends to go sharing too, who all wanted to learn how to share their faith. All total there were four who got to initiate gospel conversations with students. Later Devin received a facebook message from one student, who said, "Sharing was great today, I love telling people about Jesus!"
At Missouri Baptist University
CJ had become a Christian a few weeks ago. He knew that the Lord was "in his heart," but he wasn't really sure what that meant theologically. Justin (STL staff) shared the gospel with him again to give foundation and legs to CJ's belief, then took CJ through a Bible study on what it means to walk with Jesus.
At Truman State University
More students than ever showed up at Truman to participate in an evangelistic outreach that we talked about in a previous newsletter called Soularium. Many students were initiating spiritual conversations with fellow students who walked by our table.
At Forest Park
Albert and Allen fron Forest Park have been adamant the last few weeks about inviting others to small group. Now, three students have expressed interest in going to the Impact Conference.
At UMSL
James and Lance, both UMSL seniors, will graduate in May. They have indicated a desire to finish their college career strong by discipling some men. So, they embraced the idea of sharing their faith and trusting God to raise up men they could disciple. Their desire to leave a spiritual legacy of spiritual multipliers is inspiring.
At Flo Valley
Doug (STL staff) finished the follow up series with Hilton, a student on the track team. From the time that he trusted Christ to the point of finishing up follow up, he has grown tremendously in his knowledge and understanding of God’s word. He is excited about being in a small group with some other students from the track team next semester and inviting others who are not yet followers of Christ to participate.
No comments:
Post a Comment