Saturday, November 22, 2008

An Afternoon at the Museum



I know that this isn't much of a picture, but we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the musuem so this is the best I have.

This museum hosted mummys found in the desert that is relatively close--this was interesting. However, the most compelling time for me at the museum happened later.

One wing of the museum was dedicated to a variety of people groups from around the area. Walking and praying through this wing as I observed their tools, clothing, and traditions was a wonderful time of worship for me. Thinking about the immense love of God for the redemption of all people around the world throughout all the course of human history drew me to praise Him once again for His goodness.

Let me again encourage you to pray through the countries of the world using the book Operation World by Patrick Johnstone. There is another comparable book called Operation China that draws your prayers through the people groups in the country of China over the course of the year. These books will raise your awareness of the advancement of the gospel and some of the cultural realities around the world. I recommend them.

No comments: