Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fun Pictures from Jim and Terry's California Adventure

Dan's mom and dad came to California for a great visit over spring break.  I didn't want to put all of these pictures in the email but there were some really fun ones so we thought that we would share some.  

I'll spare you the narrative and just tell you about the pictures...

If you have really good eyesight, you can see the Hearst Castle on top of the hill in San Simeon. 

 I took way too many pictures of the Elephant Seals so I have to share some of them with you!

I thought of all kinds of funny captions for this guy!

The Elephant Seals covered the beach.

 Grant with one of the horses near Hearst Castle.

Mackenzie is sporting her brand new Cal Poly SLO sweatshirt after deciding to attend college there. She really enjoyed the horses and stables at Cal Poly.

Here was our picnic lunch at Sebastian's Cafe outside of Hearst Castle.

Murphie loved the hopping into the bed at the hotel in Fresno where Dan was speaking at a student leadership retreat.  Grant seemed to like having an extra pillow while he slept!

Mom, Dad and Dan visited the Reagan Library in Simi Valley.

Mom and Dad with Air Force 1 in the background.

The "first couple" waving as they board Air Force 1.

 A tribute to President Reagan made completely of jelly beans!

Mom and Dad on the Balboa Pier in Newport Beach after we ate burgers at Ruby's Diner.

Dad and Grant playing chess on the Catalina Flyer on our way over to Catalina Island.

The bay at Catalina Island.

Grant looking out over the ocean as we returned from Catalina.

The trip back to the mainland was COLD on the top deck.  We wrapped Dad in a towel and Grant in Dad's sweatshirt.

No comments: